Last Updated on February 17, 2022 by Jennifer Pallian BSc, RD
This Lazy Lasagna recipe serves us both a shortcut weeknight dinner and an easy entertaining hack. Cheesy and delicious, no one will know you pulled this together in 5 minutes with 3 store-bought ingredients. I’m hesitant to even share this recipe, because I don’t want you to know how easy this was if you come to my house for dinner.
The 3 Simple Ingredients
– Store-bought ravioli. I don’t know about you, but I’m always eyeing those refrigerated stuffed ravioli and wondering what I’d actually make with it. Consider this lasagna your new reason to buy them. A spinach and ricotta or beef filling will give you the most classic lasagna vibe, but you can experiment! You don’t have to pre-cook it, the ravioli will cook right in the sauce.
– Jarred marinara sauce. Because we are using so few ingredients, and leaning on pre-made products, quality of your ravioli and marinara sauce will go a long way. I get locally-made ravioli easily in the refrigerated section of many shops, and I splash out a few extra dollars for good sauce. That’s not to say it won’t be yummy with the standard grocery store vacuum-sealed ravioli and $2 marinara sauce, but it’s something to consider.
-Grated mozzarella cheese. Pizza mozzarella makes for the best cheese pulls.
How to Make Lazy Lasagna
This recipe is called Lazy Lasagna and not “easy” or “quick” lasagna for a reason. You could do it in your sleep. I indicated 5 minutes of prep time, but that might be an exaggeration.
- Spread a thin layer of the marinara sauce in a baking dish. Top with a handful of cheese, then a layer of ravioli. Repeat with another layer of ravioli and sauce, and finish with remaining mozzarella.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil for the first part of baking to cook the ravioli through and melt the cheese. Uncover and bake until cheese is golden and bubbly.
If you aren’t convinced, here is another super-easy weeknight One-Skillet Lasagna recipe we adore and make on repeat.
3-Ingredient Lazy Lasagna
- 1 lb store-bought ravioli I recommend spinach and ricotta, but you could use beef or experiment with other flavours.
- 750 mL jarred marinara sauce 3 cups
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce in a 9×13″ baking dish. Top with a handful of cheese, then a layer of ravioli. Place ravioli side by side without any big gaps. Top with a cup of sauce and another handful of cheese. Repeat with another layer of ravioli and sauce, and finish with remaining mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and continue baking until cheese is golden and bubbly and internal temp reaches 165ºF, 10-15 minutes more.