No-Bake Chocolate Tart
This easy no-bake chocolate tart recipe features a crumbly oreo cookie crust and a to-die-for creamy, no-bake ganache filling that’s as simple as boiling water (well, cream).
I’ve been making this chocolate tart recipe on repeat since I did a variation with Baileys before Christmas. It is an incredibly simple recipe with minimal hands-on time. The two-ingredient chocolate cookie crumb crust is the only part that requires baking. The rest needs only a microwave (or pot) and a whisk.
How to Make No-Bake Chocolate Tart
Once you realize how easy it is to make a crazy-delicious chocolate tart, you’ll be making it all. the. time.
Here’s a quick peek at how to make this no-bake chocolate tart:
- Combine Oreo crumbs and butter. Press into a tart pan and bake.
- Place chopped dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Heat cream to steaming hot (either stovetop or microwave).
- Pour hot cream over chopped chocolate and cover bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Uncover and whisk to finish melting.
- Whisk in butter.
- Pour into prepared chocolate tart crust and chill until set.
How To Make Easy Chocolate Ganache Filling
The ganache filling is luscious and creamy with a bit of chew like a really thick hot fudge. Using dark chocolate makes for a deep and rich flavour. One thing to consider is that with so few ingredients, the flavour of the chocolate itself really shines through.
I stock up on Lindt dark chocolate in bulk at Costco, but I’ve found massive 500g grocery-store-brand Swiss dark chocolate bars are also great and a fraction of the price (Western Family brand, if you’re in Western Canada). Just choose chocolate you’d consider worth stealing a few nibbles of straight from the baking drawer. If that’s Chipits for you, great.
Pop the chocolate tart in the freezer for 30 minutes to make the tidiest slices, then let it come to room temperature for a bit before serving for the best flavour and mouthfeel.
A dollop of sweetened whipped cream on top adds a welcome light, fluffy counterpoint, but a simple sprinkling of flaky salt would be enough.
Other tested-till-perfect chocolate desserts you will love:
No-Bake Chocolate Tart with Ganache
- 1 ¼ cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup whipping cream (35% milkfat)
- 14 oz dark chocolate chocolate chips or chopped bars
- 4 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine cookie crumbs, sugar and butter in a 9” tart pan. Stir until crumbs are evenly moistened then press the mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan using a flat-bottomed cup to push it down.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate in a large heat-safe bowl.
- Place cream in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high power for 1 ½ - 2 minutes until steaming hot and bubbles appear around the edges of the bowl.
- Immediately pour the hot cream onto the chocolate and cover the bowl with a baking sheet or large plate and let stand 5 minutes to melt the chocolate.
- Lift the cover and whisk to finish melting. If not completely melted, microwave on 50% power for 30-second intervals, stirring frequently, until smooth.
- Pour into cooled shell and chill for 4 hours before serving.