Yogurt Lemon Dressing
A simple, vibrant yogurt lemon dressing recipe that comes together in minutes with just a few flavourful ingredients. It is a healthy and delicious dressing for salads and grain bowls, or a scrumptious sauce for fish and poached eggs (hello, quick and easy hollandaise substitute).
I have been making this creamy lemon yogurt dressing on repeat all year. I make a double batch and store it in the fridge in a jar to drizzle over quick and healthy meals for days. It’s one of those recipes that’s easy to scroll past, but trust me. Try it once and you’ll be hooked.
How to use Yogurt Lemon Dressing:
- Lashed generously over veggie-loaded grain bowls, like the ones pictured
- On poached eggs as a healthier (and easier!) stand-in for hollandaise
- As a dip for yam fries
- As sauce for fish with rice
- As a salad dressing for your favourite tossed salads
- Drizzled over falafel or chicken kebabs
- As a dressing for chicken or chickpea salad sandwiches
(Pictured above with added sriracha.)
Yogurt Lemon Dressing Ingredients
- Plain Greek-style yogurt: I like the 11% fat kind, but regular 3.25% fat is still perfect. A lower-fat yogurt is more sour and will need an extra splash of olive oil to truly round out the sharpness, but let your preferences and tastebuds be your guide.
- Mayonnaise: the creamy powerhouse makes a perfect dressing base.
- Lemon: we use the juice and zest. Use a microplane or fine grater to gather all of the flavour-packed peel before you juice the lemon.
- Olive oil: as mentioned above, fat is required to balance acidity and a splash makes the dressing come together in perfect harmony.
- OPTIONAL: stir in 1 tbsp minced fresh herbs (parsley, dill or chives), 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, up to 1 tsp smoked paprika, or a squirt of sriracha.
How to Make Yogurt Lemon Dressing:
Grab a glass jar and a fork or small whisk. Stir everything together vigorously until no lumps remain. Store leftovers in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- zest of 1 lemon + 5 tsp juice
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Whisk together all ingredients in a jar.