Frozen S’mores Ice Cream Pops are a pretty spectacular way to get your s’mores fix without sleeping in a tent. They are a delicious, make-ahead summer dessert made super easy with oven-toasted marshmallows and store-bought ice cream.
How to Make Frozen S’mores
This Frozen S’more Ice Cream Pop recipe comes together with three components: a toasted marshmallow s’more ice cream, a yummy fudge sauce, and a graham cracker crumble.
- Start with your favourite store-bought vanilla ice cream and soften it on the counter while you prep the other components, or soften it in 20-second bursts in the microwave on medium power.
- Oven-toast some marshmallows using my quick, mess-free method below.
- Whip up this double chocolate stovetop fudge sauce (or use this simpler Cocoa Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe and save the leftovers for future sundaes!).
- Stir together graham baking crumbs with melted butter and a touch of sugar to make a yummy graham cracker crumble.
- To assemble, layer everything together in small paper cups (I could only find plastic in store this time). Insert popsicle sticks through a layer of plastic wrap to freeze the sticks in place while the ice cream still soft. In order to make a distinct layer of chocolate, let the ice cream base harden in the freezer before doing the next steps.
You’re Going to Love Frozen S’mores Ice Cream Pops Because
- They’re a super-fun, cooling twist on a nostalgic treat beloved by grown ups as much as kids.
- They can be made completely in advance and kept frozen for up to a week.
- Smore’s Ice Cream in pop format is a hand-held dessert that requires no plates or cutlery. So nice to have fewer dishes when you’re hosting a backyard BBQ.
More Favourite Foodess S’mores-y Recipes:
Frozen S’Mores Ice Cream Pops
S'Mores Ice Cream Layer
- 25 large marshmallows
- Oil for pan
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened (that's 1 litre)
Chocolate Fudge Layer
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-100 g dark chocolate bar chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
Graham Cracker Crumble Layer
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
For S'Mores Ice Cream Layer:
- Preheat broiler with oven rack in top position. Oil a baking sheet and arrange marshmallows in a single layer. Broil 3-4 minutes or until nicely toasted. They'll slide right off the pan with no mess. Fold marshmallows into ice cream.
- Divide mixture between 6 small (about 7-oz) paper or plastic cups. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and insert a popsicle stick through it to hold in place. Freeze until firm.
For Chocolate Fudge Layer:
- Whisk together water, sugar and cocoa powder until smooth in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, whisking to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Let stand 5 minutes then whisk vigorously until smooth. Whisk in vanilla and salt; let cool.
For Graham Cracker Crumble Layer:
- Stir together ingredients in a bowl until they resemble wet sand then press them crumbs together with your fingers to make nice clumps.
- Pour a layer of chocolate sauce over the frozen ice cream layer in each cup (2 1/2 to 3 tbsp per pop). Sprinkle graham crumble over top, pressing into the chocolate to adhere. Freeze until chocolate is firm, about 2 hours. Run briefly under hot water to unmold or wrap tightly with plastic wrap to store for up to a week.