Easy Healthy Homemade Fudgesicles
All summer long, my kids and their friends would do anything for a popsicle, so I keep my ice pop molds in regular use (these are the ones I have). I try to fill them with nutritious things, so they can have the two per day they beg me for. This easy and healthy homemade fudgesicle recipe is one that’s in heavy rotation at our place.
Only four ingredients (none of them sugar), these healthy summer fudgesicles are rich and creamy, but as wholesome as a smoothie.
How to Make Healthy Homemade Fudgesicles
Trying to beat the heat and wanting to satisfy your sweet tooth with a good-for-you treat?
Follow these easy, simple steps to make the best healthy homemade fudgesicles:
- Add ingredients to high-speed blender (milk, dates, cocoa powder, vanilla, sea salt)
- Whiz on high for 60 seconds until mixture is very smooth
- Pour mixture into ice pop molds and insert popsicle sticks
- Freeze for 4 hours, or overnight
- Run molds under warm water to loosen fudgesicles
More Popsicle and Ice Cream Recipes
The Best Healthy Homemade Fudgesicles
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp milk (whole milk is tastiest, or barista oat milk)
- 4 pitted dates
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup toasted coconut optional.
- Combine ingredients in blender in the order listed and process on high speed for 60 seconds, until frothy and very smooth. Fill ice pop molds and insert sticks. Freeze at least four hours, or overnight. To unmold, run pops under hot water until loose enough to tug out. Roll immediately in toasted coconut, if desired.
Pin This Recipe!
Last Updated on August 13, 2021 by Jennifer Pallian BSc, RD