Shrimp, Avocado and Corn Ceviche
A shrimp ceviche recipe with avocado, sweet corn, lime, and chile. It's bright and fresh and delicious. Serve with tortilla chips - it'll be devoured in minutes.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 12 oz shelled deveined shrimp
- 2/3 cup cooked corn kernels I use frozen, it comes blanched and so it's ready to go
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 2 tbsp minced red onion or shallot
- 1 garlic clove minced
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 large ripe avocado diced
- freshly ground black pepper
- tortilla chips for serving
Cook the shrimp in a pot of salted, boiling water until just opaque - about 3 minutes. Drain and run under cold water until cool.
Remove tails and coarsely chop. Place in a bowl along with remaining ingredients (except avocado) and toss to combine. Gently fold in avocado to keep it intact. Sprinkle with pepper and serve with tortilla chips.