Spiced Maple-Roasted Squash & Halloom (Halloumi) Salad
A hearty autumn salad with warm, roasted halloumi, spice-roasted Acorn squash, and pomegranate molasses.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 lb 454 g acorn squash, halved, seeded and cut in 1/4" slices
- 250 g Canadian Halloumi also known as Halloom cheese (made with 100% Canadian milk), cut in 1/4" slices
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil divided use plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 4 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Handful fresh basil or mint leaves torn
Preheat oven to 425ºF. In a large bowl, toss squash slices with 2 tbsp of the olive oil, maple syrup, salt and allspice; spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes, until squash is tender and starting to caramelize.
Meanwhile, arrange Halloumi slices in a single layer on a second baking sheet; brush with 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
Gently flip squash slices and return to oven, along with Halloumi; bake 5-10 minutes more, until Halloumi is soft and starting to brown at edges.