Ground Beef Stir Fry
This ground Beef Stir Fry is an easy, comforting dinner full of healthy veggies, and the savoury all-purpose soy-garlic stir-fry sauce is a staple recipe.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 3 tbsp cooking oil like canola, grapeseed, or peanut
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp coarse salt divided use
- 8 cups sliced vegetables I used 1 large onion, 1 medium zucchini, and 1/4 of green cabbage
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted broth beef, chicken, or vegetable
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat. When shimmering hot, add beef, sprinkle with 1 tsp of the salt, and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and no longer pink inside. Transfer to a plate using a metal spatula or large slotted spoon.
Add vegetables to same pot (with another splash of oil, if needed) with the remaining teaspoon of salt. Cook until veggies are crisp-tender (about 7 minutes, depending on which veggies you used).
While vegetables cook, place cornstarch in a large liquid measuring cup. Whisk in 2 tbsp of the soy sauce to make a smooth paste, then whisk in remaining sauce ingredients.
Return beef to Dutch oven, add sauce, and stir to coat everything evenly. Cook, stirring frequently, just until sauce thickens and reduces slightly, about 3 minutes.