One-Bowl Carrot-Spice Oatmeal Muffins
These easy oatmeal muffins are packed with carrots, cranberries and spice - and only one bowl required!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time14 mins
Total Time29 mins
Servings: 12 medium or 24 mini muffins
- 1 cup 250 mL milk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon 5 mL white vinegar
- 1 cup 250 mL old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/4 cup 60 mL raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup 125 mL unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons 280 mL allpurpose flour
- 1 teaspoon 5 mL baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon 2 mL baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon 2 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon 2 mL freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon 1 mL freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup 175 mL grated carrots
- 1/2 cup 125 mL dried cranberries
Combine milk, vinegar and oats in a large bowl and let stand for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a twelve-cup muffin pan or 24-cup mini muffin pan with cupcake papers.
Crack the egg into the oat mixture; add sugar and beat with a whisk to combine. Whisk in melted butter.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into the bowl. Gently fold into batter, taking care not to overmix.
Sprinkle grated carrot and cranberries into the bowl and combine muffin batter gently but thoroughly. Use a large ice cream scoop or 1/3-cup (75 mL) measuring cup to scoop batter into muffin tins.
Bake until light brown and tops spring back when gently touched, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool in pans for a few minutes, then transfer muffins to a rack to cool completely.