Spinach Gomae Noodles with Sesame Sauce
A healthy, delicious noodle bowl with spinach and creamy sesame sauce, based on Japanese gomae.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 340 gram box Catelli Healthy Harvest Ancient Grains Spaghetti
- salt to taste
- 1 cup tahini
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp crushed chili flakes or Aleppo pepper plus more for serving
- 2 10 ounce/300 gram packages chopped, frozen spinach, thawed
- Toasted sesame seeds for topping
Boil pasta in a large pot of well-salted water for 7 minutes, or until slightly firmer than al dente. Drain spaghetti, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return spaghetti to the pot.
Whisk together tahini, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, lemon juice and chili flakes in a large measuring cup. Thin with reserved hot pasta water until it reaches a pourable consistency.
Squeeze excess moisture from spinach and add to the pot along with the sauce, and gently toss to combine. Cook over low heat until warmed through. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
Serve topped with toasted sesame seeds and crushed chili flakes, if desired.