Spice-Roasted Cauliflower, Kale & Chickpea Salad with Yogurt
A satisfying, hearty fall salad with crispy chickpeas, roasted vegetables, yogurt and olive oil.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1/2 head cauliflower chopped in bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 bunch of kale stems removed, leaves chopped in bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas drained
- 4 tbsp olive oil plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse salt divided use
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne
- 1/8 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat Greek yogurt made with Canadian milk
- Squeeze of lemon about 2 tsp
- Finely chopped cilantro to top, optional
Preheat oven to 450ºF (with convection, if you have it) and line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Toss cauliflower, kale and chickpeas with oil, 1 1/4 tsp of the salt, and spices, then arrange in a single layer between baking sheets. Roast for 10 minutes, then remove any kale that's crisped. Flip remaining veggies, rotate pans, and continue roasting 5-10 minutes more, until cauliflower is nice and golden, and chickpeas are crispy. (Check on any remaining kale frequently as it burns quickly.)
Paws off the crispy kale while you're waiting for the rest (it is so hard to resist).
Stir together the yogurt, remaining salt, and lemon juice. Divide among two plates or bowls (or lunch containers). Top a drizzle of olive oil, then the chickpea-and-vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.