Tropical Overnight Chia Breakfast Parfaits
Quick & easy overnight chia pudding layered with 2-ingredient mango sauce and fruit for a beautiful, healthy, deceptively easy tropical breakfast.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1 1/2 cups Horizon Dairy Organic Milk I like whole or 2%
- 4-6 tbsp white or black chia seeds
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe Ataulfo mangoes pitted, peeled and cut in a few chunks (or use frozen mango chunks, thawed a bit first)
- 2 tbsp apple juice orange juice, coconut water or just plain water
- Ripe dragonfruit kiwi, bananas, pineapple or your choice of other fruit, peeled and balled or chopped
In the evening, whisk milk, 4 tbsp chia seeds (6 if you prefer a thick pudding), maple syrup and vanilla extract together in a medium bowl. Whisk again just before you go to bed to prevent the seeds from clumping as the pudding thickens. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or up to 3 days).
To make the mango sauce, puree mangoes with juice or water in blender or food processor until smooth. Use right away or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
In the morning, give the chia pudding another good whisk. Spoon layers of pudding, fruit and mango sauce into serving dishes (mason jars work well to see the layers, or unbreakable acrylic glasses are a safe bet for littles).