Quick Thai Coconut, Fish and Vegetable Curry
On my typical weeknight meals + an easy, everything-from-the-farmers-market dinner with fish and vegetables in a flavourful Thai coconut curry.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 2 tbsp grapeseed or other cooking oil
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 2 14- oz cans coconut milk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4-5 cups of any peeled chopped veggies (I used asparagus, purple carrots, and rapini)
- 2 skinless filets of fish about 6 oz each, and pretty much anything goes - I used thawed-from-frozen tilapia
- Mint or cilantro to serve (optional)
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add curry paste and cook for about 2 minutes, until fragrant and a shade darker. Slowly whisk in coconut milk and then soy sauce. Add veggies - slower cooking vegetables first, quick-cooking veggies last. (I gave the carrots a few minutes more than the asparagus and chopped rapini).
Add the fish and cook until just opaque and flaky, which is just a few minutes for thin tilapia filets. Serve with herbs as desired.