Lettuce Wraps with Crispy Pork & Peanut Sauce
Crispy thai pork lettuce wraps with creamy peanut sauce and lots of fresh, crunchy toppings.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 oz ginger finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 package tofu drained and pressed (see note in post) OR another pound of pork
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 kaffir lime leaves or zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 limes
- 2 tbsp finely minced cilantro
To serve (lettuce is a must, the rest optional!)
- Lettuce leaves iceberg or green leaf lettuce work best
- Cooked basmati rice or vermicelli
- Julienned or grated carrot
- Thinly sliced cabbage
- Julienned cucumber
- Salted peanuts
- Peanut Sauce see links in post!
- Store-bought Sweet Chili Sauce
Heat oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook onion until soft, about 6 minutes, then add ginger and garlic. Stir in ground pork, tofu (if using), salt, brown sugar, and lime leaves. Cook until fat renders and pork and tofu are nicely browned (it'll take a while - about 10 minutes past the point that the pork is actually cooked through). Stir in soy sauce, juice of 1 1/2 limes (reserve the last half-lime for serving), and cilantro.
Serve family-style, with plates of lettuce leaves and desired toppings.