Thai Coconut Scallops with Corn Relish
Spicy, aromatic coconut green curry with a touch of brown sugar bathes juicy scallops in all the right flavours. A delicious, deceptively easy dinner that'll impress.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 4-6 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 398 mL 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 lb 680 g scallops
- 1 cup corn kernels thawed, if frozen
- 1 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 green thai chili minced
- 1 1/2 tsp minced red onion or shallot
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan, then saute 4 tbsp curry paste until fragrant. Slowly whisk in coconut milk, then fish sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer, then taste for flavour and spiciness and add remaining 2 tbsp curry paste if needed. Add scallops and simmer until just opaque, about 4 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
To make corn relish, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add corn, and cook just to warm through. Stir in remaining ingredients and serve over scallops.