Rhubarb Dutch Baby
A puffy Dutch Baby pancake smothered in creamy, tart rhubarb curd.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk room temperature
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter if using salted, reduce the kosher salt amount by half
- Rhubarb curd or blueberries and greek yogurt and/or maple syrup to serve
Preheat a 10" oven-proof skillet in a 425ºF oven.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. Whisk in the milk, vanilla, sugar and salt, and then add the flour. Whisk again just until most of the lumps are gone.
Using oven mitts, remove the hot skillet from the oven. Add the butter and swirl to coat the bottom and sides of pan. Pour in the batter and (again, using oven mitts!) transfer to the oven. Bake until puffy and golden, 9-12 minutes. Serve with Rhubarb Curd or yogurt, blueberries and maple syrup.