Pink Rose Lemonade Recipe
Tart lemonade with homemade rose syrup.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 1 quart/1 litre
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup dried edible roses or herbal rose tea
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 batch Rose Syrup
- gin optional (start with 1 oz per highball glass, fill with ice and lemonade, stir)
- Lemon wheels to garnish glasses.
- Ice as desired
- Additional dried edible roses to garnish
Heat sugar, water and rose petals in a saucepan over a medium flame, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature (about an hour) then strain out rose petals, pressing on them to extract as much flavour as possible.
In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice and rose syrup. Add lemon wheels and additional roses to the pitcher, along with ice, or use to garnish individual drinks.
For the boozy version, add a shot of gin to individual highball glasses and top up with lemonade.