Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
A baked buffalo wings recipe that makes wings so perfectly crispy you'll never miss the fryer. Bathed in a buttery-spicy sauce with a tangy blue cheese dip.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time42 mins
Baked Buffalo Wings
- 6 lbs chicken wings tips discarded, separated at joint into 2 pieces
- salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce such as Franks RedHot
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional
Blue Cheese Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 125 g/4.5 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp minced green onion from about 2 thin stalks
- ½ tsp salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread wings out over two large baking sheets, avoiding overlap (or else the wings will steam, rather than crisp up!). Season well with salt and pepper; bake about 40 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
Melt butter over medium heat. Add hot sauce and cayenne, if desired (taste first, then add cayenne to your heat preference).
Transfer wings to a large bowl and toss with sauce.
To make dip, simply whisk together all ingredients. Leftover dip may be refrigerated for two weeks.