8 Amazing Chocolate Valentine’s Day Dessert Recipes
Hi friends, I’d like to introduce to you Shelby Manton, who will be contributing to Foodess from time to time. She’s smart and fun and really great, I know you’ll love her! This is her first post. Please join me in welcoming her warmly!
Oh Valentine’s Day. It’s one of those love it/hate it days. I love it because it’s a wonderful little reminder to celebrate the huge amounts of love I have for my man, my friends, my family and most importantly, chocolate. But I hate it because why do we need an excuse to celebrate chocolate, *cough cough* I mean, love!?
And please do indulge in my celebration of chocolate through this carefully curated list of mouth-watering, delightfully decadent desserts. I don’t mess around when it comes to chocolate. And if you know what’s good for you, neither should you.
1. Chocolate Coconut Almond Bars. I love anything with the word coconut. Plus, they’re “healthy,” right? I think I might kick off my VDay right and enjoy these beautiful bars for breakfast! * By the talented Tieghan at Half Baked Harvest.
2. Valentine’s Molten Chocolate Cakes. Nothing says ‘Valentine’s Day’ better than molten lava cakes. I always imagined they’d be tricky to pull off, but this recipe lays it out so simply. As the author says, “shoot for the moon!” * By the inspiring duo Jack and Jeanine at Love & Lemons.
3. Raw Chocolate Pudding (Vegan + No Added Sugar). If you’re looking for a quick, but satisfyingly delicious dessert in between VDay activities, look no further. This mouth-watering pudding is healthy, easy to pull of, and most importantly, no baking required! * By the mighty Angela at Oh She Glows.
4. Fudgy Avocado Brownies with Chocolate Fudge Frosting. I love seeing healthy ingredients snuck into ooey gooey chocolatey deliciousness. I can’t stop staring at this recipe.These are definitely worthy of a sugar indulgence after a relaxing VDay stroll in the park! * Again, courtesy of Tieghan at Half Baked Harvest. She has so many delicious recipes, I couldn’t pick just one!
5. Salted Chocolate Truffles. Holy delectable. Disclaimer: your mouth will water when looking at these pictures. I’d highly suggest sitting around the fire in the final hours of VDay with these truffles by your side. * By the amazing Ashlae at Oh, Lady Cakes.
6. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake For Two. Oh Yum. This is seriously the cutest little dessert I’ve ever seen! Perfect for a post-dinner delight with your love. * By the sweet Michelle at Giraffes Can Bake.
7. Coconut Curry Hot Chocolate. As a gal with a savoury palate, I am over the moon about this recipe. Spice up your romantic evening with a warm cup of exotic hot chocolate! I know I will. * By the wonderful Joy The Baker.
8. Moist Chocolate Cake. There is nothing wrong with the word ‘moist’ when put in front of the word ‘chocolate.’ Absolutely nothing. Pair this exquisite chocolatey goodness with a glass of your favourite red wine and voila: the perfect Valentine’s Day couple! * By Jennifer at Foodess, creator of this amazing website (I may be slightly biased, but that doesn’t mean I’m not accurate). ** haha thank you, Shelby, xox – Jenn
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating all the loves in your life. Especially of the chocolate variety.