10 Bright, Colourful Recipes to Celebrate Spring at the Farmer’s Market
Spring is in the air. I can smell it, I can feel it (yup – allergies), and boy am I ever excited. Why? Well, besides the obvious of Summer fast approaching, it means a whole new round of fresh produce at the local Farmer’s Market! Greens, asparagus, ramps, sprouts, pea shoots…all the good stuff.
I’m celebrating Spring with these 10 refreshing recipes! What will you do to celebrate?
1. Spring Salmon Sandwiches with Pea Sprouts + Lemon-Dill Aioli. What a fabulous sandwich to celebrate Spring! Packed full of fresh greens and flavour, this would be perfect for a dinner party on the deck.
2. Spring Sorghum and Asparagus Salad. This salad is so fresh & green – and I love that it features sorghum. I can’t wait to go down to the local farmer’s market and pick up a big bunch of asparagus! * By the lovely Ashley at Edible Perspective.
3. One Pot Spring Pasta Primavera. I’m loving the sounds of this recipe. Delicious Spring pasta in 15 minutes? Bring on the patio, the vino, and the sunset! * By the wonderful Aberdeen at Aberdeen’s Kitchen.
4. Spring Celebration Salad. I LOVE asparagus salads. This one in particular is packed full of flavour, yet so simple – the perfect side dish for any dinner party! * By the amazing team at Green Kitchen Stories.
5. Creamy Risotto with Roasted Spring Vegetables. I love this recipe because you can use any spring vegetables you have on hand: leeks, ramps, radishes, asparagus, pea shoots, and more! What a wonderful way to celebrate the taste of Spring. * By the lovely lady behind With Food + Love.
6. Roasted Carrots and Radishes. What a beautiful array of colours! So simple. So delicious. This would make a stunning side to accompany any BBQ party! * By the talented Mira at Cooking LSL.
7. Asparagus Soup. Just because we’re leaving winter behind, doesn’t mean we can’t stop enjoying warm & satisfying soups! This gorgeous asparagus soup will brighten up any dinner table. * By the wonderful Martine at Petit World Citizen.
8. Spicy Spring Garden Pitas. Light & fresh. Perfect for a quick, healthy lunch! * By the marvellous duo at Simple Seasonal.
9. Asparagus, Chard + Soba Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce. These are the perfect appetizer for any Spring lunch or dinner. Tasty, fast, and deceivingly impressive!
10. Indian Cucumber-Yogurt Salad. Going to a Spring BBQ? Bring this fresh, cooling cucumber-yogurt salad with tomatoes, herbs, jalapeño + lemon and your friends will be demanding the recipe.