8 Homemade Pizzas That Are Way Better Than Delivery
Happy Saturday, friends! Time for another delicious roundup by Shelby!
Anyone who knows me, knows I have one big weakness. Okay, I have a lot of weaknesses – but this particular one in question is arguably my biggest.
Seriously, no matter how “healthy” I’m trying to be, pizza will always ensnare me with its traps of cheesy deliciousness. And I’m not just talking about any old ‘za here – I’m talking about the homemade kind. The possibilities of toppings are endless! You can pretty much get away with anything (well, almost anything).
I challenge all of you to use this roundup as inspiration for your own unique creations. Get crazy with it! Your tastebuds will thank you.
1. Lamb Donair White Pizza. This is actually next level mouth-watering. I constantly crave donairs, and I constantly crave pizza – now you’re telling me I get BOTH in one beautiful recipe!? Yup, I’m a happy girl.
2. Spanakopizza. I can’t believe I’ve never thought of this. Pure genius! And the recipe name says it all – an absolutely perfect smash of two amazing dishes. * By Nick, the wonderful man behind Macheesmo.
3. Potato Caramelized Onion Gorgonzola Pizza. This photo though. I can’t stop staring. Such an enticing taste combination for those of you looking for a meatless option! * By the amazing duo over at Port and Fin.
4. Mushroom and Goat Cheese Pizza. I’ve always wanted to go to Italy, but this recipe makes me need to go to Italy. Like, now. * By the talented Brandon at Kitchen Konfidence.
5. Stone-Baked Margherita Pizza. You can’t ever go wrong with a simple Margherita pizza. It’s a classic for a reason! I really love that this recipe recommends using a hot stone and a BBQ. Definitely keeping this one in my back pocket for summer! * By the lovely Nelson & Liz at Photos and Food.
6. Pizza Alla Carbonara. Holy smokes. I’ve never seen anything like this before! It’s like the ultimate amalgamation of Italy. So exciting. * By the inspiring team behind Lady and Pups.
7. Vegan Greek Pizza. AND gluten free! Usually I miss cheese dearly on vegan pizzas, but this tofu “feta” looks too good to be true. What a great option! * By the wonderful Izzy at She Likes Food.
8. Butter Chicken Pizza. I am seriously loving these ethnically-inspired pizzas. The combinations are so original! My taste buds are as curious as ever right about now.
And that’s that. Now – go make a big batch of dough, get your friends to bring over their favourite ingredients, heat up your oven to 450 degrees, and you’ve got yourself a pizza party! What will YOU make?