Mother's Day is this weekend! Are you going to show your love with food? I really think you should. I've got inspiration for you.
I also have a fabulous giveaway for you! It's a beautiful painting. A mothers day gift to you, from my own mama!
But first, some ideas on how to spoil the woman who raised you.
Thinking brunch? How about:
Thinking dessert? How about:
I am blessed with an amazing mom. She is smart, free-spirited, wise, generous, an great listener, and always knows the answer to every one of my problems. She taught me kindness and independence and to believe in my dreams.
She knows how much you, my friends and readers, mean to me. So while she was in Vancouver recently for a way-too-short visit, she decided to paint you a gift!
An original acrylic painting by artist Helen Shideler.
(Who was recently accepted into an elite society of artists ranked among the best in Canada and highly regarded throughout the world... I'm allowed to brag about her, right? SO PROUD OF YOU, MOM!)
It is a 10" x 10" original acrylic painting on canvas from a photo of the most popular recipe on my blog, the Moist Chocolate Cake.
It has painted edges (so no frame necessary).
How to enter :
Simply leave a comment on this post with something nice about your mom (or another woman you love). Be sure to enter your email address in the right field, so that I am able to contact you if you win.
Bonus Entries (maximum 2):
1. Leave a separate comment on this post telling me you've sent the following as a tweet or facebook update:
If choosing Facebook, be sure to tag facebook.com/foodess so I can verify you've done it if you win!
2. Go say hi to my mom on her blog! Have a browse and leave a comment on any of her entries. Leave a separate comment on this post telling me you've done it!
Contest Rules & Details:
- Maximum of three (3) entries per person.
- Giveaway ends at 11:59pm (PST) Thursday, May 17th, 2012.
- The winner will be drawn randomly by comment number using a random number generator (www.random.org).
- Winner will receive an original painting by Helen Shideler (maximum retail value of prize = $300; to me it is utterly priceless).
- Winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 3 days or prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn.
- If the winning comment is for a “bonus entry”, the action will be verified.
- Prize may be shipped to any Canada or US address.