Mother’s Day brunch is right around the corner! Bring on the sun and the patio. Or better yet, tie on an apron and try one of these great Mother's Day brunch ideas. If your mom is anything like mine, I’m sure she spent the better part of your life feeding you delicious meals and keeping your stomach happy & healthy. Time to return the favour next weekend!
I’m celebrating my mom with one of these 8 mouth-watering recipes. What will you do to celebrate yours?
1. Shakshuka with Broiled Feta. I’m all about the savoury breakfasts. Especially when they are also of the spicy variety. If you’re looking to shake things up on Mother’s Day, this is the recipe to do that!
2. Blackberry and Basil Iced Green Tea. You can’t have a Mother’s Day Brunch without a refreshing beverage - and this one sounds seriously delicious! Basil in my drink? Yes please. *By Whole Foods Bellies.
3. Strawberries and Cream Pancakes. Wow. I’m not normally a pancake girl, but I would easily abandon my savoury tastes for this stack of gorgeous pancakes! If your mom made you pancakes often growing up, I’m sure she would be thrilled if you returned the favour this Mother’s Day! *By The Cookie Writer.
4. Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict with Dill Waffles. If you saw my Eggs Benny roundup, then you already know how much I love them. I may be slightly biased, but you can truly never go wrong with a Benedict brunch. And these ones look particularly fitting for a Mother’s Day get-together in the backyard! *By Striped Spatula.
5. Churro Waffles. I spent 4 months living on exchange in Madrid and I instantly fell in love with churros. This recipe brings back all that love. How have I never thought of this combination!? Churro waffles - a beautiful recipe for your next brunch. *By Half-Baked Harvest. (Want MORE waffles? Try: Overnight Yeast Waffles, Buttermilk Waffles, or authentic Belgian Liege Waffles.)
6. Spinach & Sun Dried Tomato Frittatas. What gorgeous little frittata cups! Everyone at your brunch table will be served their own individual hot pan. A wonderful way to change things up! * By Love & Lemons.
7. Potato-Crusted Sausage Quiche with Caramelized Onions and Gruyere. Browned turkey sausage, caramelized onions and gruyere are all nestled into a fluffy egg filling on a golden hashbrown potato crust in this Sausage Quiche. Perfect for a springtime family gathering on the patio!
8. Rhubarb Dutch Baby. Yum - a puffy Dutch Baby pancake smothered in creamy, tart rhubarb curd. This recipe just screams Mother’s Day brunch!