Hope you are all enjoying the lead-up to Christmas - this is definitely my favourite part of the season! Every year I put some thought into gifts I know I would love to unwrap, and I think you would too. So here is my roundup this year of goodies for cookbook hoarders, cocktail-lovers, coffee nerds and anyone who likes to eat! Snag 'em for your favourite foodie, or maybe add your own wish list.
- GIR Spatula Set, they keep adding to their super-durable, colourful collection and this year I love the mini flip - use it all. the. time.
- Natural Coaster Set, Pacific Design Lab (a Vancouver company) makes all kinds of beautiful things to covet, like reclaimed wood cutting boards and serving trays, however this year I particularly love these coasters.
- Hatchery Tasting Box, the gift that keeps giving! A beautifully curated monthly box of small-batch artisan ingredients from independent makers
- Numi 2-Ring Candleholder, my favourite candlesticks. I use them at almost every dinner party!
For cookbook lovers:
- Bon Appetit Desserts, my dessert bible/bedtime reading
- Winter Cocktails, I want this one. Real bad.
- American Cocktails, we use it all the time.
- Homemade Decadence, I have a major crush on Joy the Baker and all her gooey goodies.
- Dinner Pies, you may not think you need a book of just dinner pies, but you do. Trust me.
- Brown Eggs and Jam Jars, I adore this beautiful gem by Aimee at Simple Bites, full of lovely Canadian recipes from her urban homestead in Montreal.
For coffee nerds:
- Salt Spring Island Coffee Truly West Coast Holiday Gift Set, a local coffee company that I love is offering beautiful gift sets this year! I have used my Truly West Coast mug nonstop since I got it. If you're in BC, it's great to buy local!
- Chemex Coffee Maker, up someone's coffee game (or your own) this year with the beautiful and functional chemex for a fantastic cup. Bonus: it looks hip in Sunday morning Instagram pics.
For cocktail lovers:
- Trudeau Ice Sphere Mold, giant ice cubes (well, spheres) keep your bevvy frosty for ages without watering it down. Plus they look so pretty! Bonus points if you freeze a strip of zest in there.
- Fee Brothers Coctail Bitters Set, unconventional (and delicious) bitters, with flavours like rhubarb (pictured), celery, and Aztec chocolate.
- Glass Straws, aren't they great?
- See also cookbooks 2 & 3.