Eggs Benedict Recipes with a Twist
Dear Eggs Benedict,
I’m going to cut to the chase here - I love you. Thank you for always being there for me with your lemony hollandaise sauce, buttery English muffin, and perfectly poached eggs. You’ve accompanied me on so many brunch dates, I’ve lost track. Most importantly, you’ve never once let me down. I can always count on you to be on the menu when I need you the most, appeasing my tastebuds with your savoury goodness. The best part about you is that you’re never boring! You always know how to switch it up and keep a girl interested and excited for more.
And for this, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Your biggest fan.
And with that love letter, my friends - I leave you with my ode to Eggs Benedict in the form of a delicious recipe roundup!
1. Matcha Eggs Benedict. I’m the first person to admit that classic eggs benedict isn’t exactly healthy. But this original sauce made with Greek yogurt, a little lemon, a touch of butter, and green tea just might be the first I’ve ever seen that could be looked at as remotely “healthy.” And boy does this ever excite me - a very good reason to eat even more eggs benny! * By the wonderful husband & wife duo at A Couple Cooks.
2. Grilled Pineapple Caprese Eggs Benedict with Coconut-Almond Hollandaise. I can’t believe it! Another “healthy” hollandaise sauce. Plus, this is seriously the most creative eggs benny combo I’ve ever seen. It’s a definite must-try! * By the lovely Tieghan at Half Baked Harvest.
3. Potato Cake Benedict. Instead of hash browns on the side of your eggs benny, why not just serve them right on top of a golden toasted potato latke!? Genius. Now this would be an appropriate time to use the term “killing two birds with one stone.” * By the amazing Meseidy at The Pioneer Woman.
4. Sweet & Savory Waffles Benedict Stacks. Are you ever often torn between waffles or eggs benedict for brunch? Well, now you’re not forced to make that crazy life-altering decision! What an interesting pairing - I’m so curious to try this recipe. * By the beautiful Monica at The Movement Menu.
5. Crab Cakes Benedict with Wasabi Dill Sauce. First of all, crab cakes on a benny -holy yum. Second of all, wasabi dill sauce to spice it all up? YES PLEASE! My tastebuds are so curious right now. * By the talented Connie at Sprigs & Flours.
6. Polenta Benedict (Vegan Eggs Benedict). Vegan? No worries. This Polenta Benedict has totally got your back. Same concept, amazingly unique substitutions! No girl (or lad) should ever go too long with a taste of the benedict. * By the inspiring Michaell at Foodscape.
7. Carnitas Eggs Benedict. I love Mexican food. And did I mention I love eggs benny? So you can imagine how excited I am to see these two loves merged together into one amazing brunch dish! * By the savvy Kevin at Closet Cooking.
8. Wild Sockeye Salmon Benedict on Broccoli Ginger Fritters. What an incredibly unique combination! I’ve never seen broccoli ginger fritters before, let alone as the base for an eggs benny. If you’re feeling adventurous, this would be the perfect recipe to try next. * By the amazing Aube at Kitchen Vignettes.
9. Portobello Mushroom Eggs Benedict. This is such a delicious option for those of you who are gluten-free. Mushrooms are packed full of flavour and offer a solid base for the rest of your benny!
To all you Eggs Benedict lovers out there: have fun testing out these deliciously awesome recipes! Which is YOUR favourite?