I got my hands on a sample of this brand-new multi-purpose kitchen tool by GIR (gear that Get's It Right) and I totally fell in love. When I first got it, I was kinda like, "whatever, another spatula"... until I was frustrated trying to coax sticky dough out of my KitchenAid with a spatula I owned that was just too floppy.
I unwrapped the GIR spatula, gave it a soapy rinse, and applied it to the task. It was PERFECT. Because it is one solid piece of molded silicone, with a reinforcement that goes all the way through the centre to within a few centimetres from the tip, it flexes beautifully around the curves of a bowl, but it's still strong enough to really work with. And... it's so pretty!
Since that moment last week, I've used it a bajillion times. It has scrambled eggs, sauteed vegetables, folded cranberries into muffins, frosted a chocolate cake, and as we speak, it is applying peanut butter to a banana for a snack.
It's heatproof up to 464 degrees F, dishwasher safe (Woohoo! Boo spatulas with wooden handles), and because it's one solid piece of silicone with no detaching head, there's no nasty little hiding places for bits of food to lodge themselves and grow bacteria.
When I went nuts about how much I loved it, they offered me THREE MORE for my readers, yay! If you win, you can choose your colour: light pink, hot pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, light blue, purple, gray, or black.
Here’s How to Enter:
1. Follow @Foodessdotcom on twitter and include me on a tweet linking to the contest.
Example: “I just entered to win a GIR Spatula from @foodessdotcom & @ProductOfGir http://www.foodess.com/best-spatula-youll-ever-own-giveaway”.
2. Come back here and leave comment on this post to let me know you've done it! It doesn’t matter what you say, just be sure to enter an email address or use a social media account to comment so I can contact you if you win.
- Leave a separate comment on this post letting me know you've followed (or were already following) Foodess on Facebook!
- Leave a separate comment on this post letting me know you've subscribed (or were already subscribed) to Foodess in your RSS feed!
Contest Rules & Details:
- Maximum of three (3) entries per person.
- Giveaway ends at 11:59pm (PST) Sunday, November 11th, 2012.
- The winner will be drawn randomly by comment number using a random number generator (www.random.org).
- Three (3) winners will each receive one (1) GIR Spatula in the colour of their choice (maximum retail value of prize = $22.50)
- Winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 24 hours or prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn.
- The winning comment will have the specified action verified.
- The spatula will be mailed directly to the winners from GIR.
If you don't win, and you want to go buy one yourself, you can find them here (you need to "pledge" on the right hand panel, rather than a direct "add-to-cart" thing). They'll be selling on their website and on Fab.com soon - follow @ProductOfGir to keep posted...