IT’S BBQ SEASON!
If you read that like a yell, then good. I meant it like a yell. BBQ season means summer and summer means BBQ season. Those two go hand in hand - and boy does it ever make me happy. My roommates and I have been grilling up a storm on our rooftop patio and we seriously can’t get enough. Night after night, we’re up there armed with our aprons, prongs, and delicious things to grill. The best part about it? We keep inspiring each other to up our grilling game. I’ve seen it all - crab stuffed portobello mushrooms, tender rib-eye steaks, quinoa stuffed red peppers, asparagus wrapped in prosciutto and cheese, mango salmon burgers, peppered ribs, and the list goes on and on.
However, almost nothing beats a good ol’ juicy chicken on the grill.
And with that, I give you…inspiration!
8 juicy grilled chicken recipes:
1. Yogurt Marinated Indian Spiced Grilled Chicken. Step 1: Bring the fixings for this recipe and a little BBQ to the nearest beach. Step 2: Invite all your friends. Step 3: Grill, grill, grill. Step 4: Have fun!
2. Wild Blueberry BBQ Chicken Wings. I can’t say I’ve ever experienced this flavour combination before - and I am over the moon excited! Blueberries are quite possibly my favourite summer fruit and I love experimenting with new barbecue sauces. * By Nutmeg Nanny.
3. Thai Grilled Chicken. This one is easy to prep ahead and quick to grill up on the BBQ for a summer patio party! Perfect for large groups. * By Intentional Hospitality.
4. Beer and Honey BBQ Chicken Skewers. You can’t go wrong with a couple of juicy skewers on the grill. This recipe is an easy, delicious option for the whole family (plus any friends who end up staying for dinner!) And I will finish praising this recipe with one word…beer. * By Jo Cooks.
5. Lemon Thyme Chicken. This recipe looks like it packs some serious flavour. Plus, it’s simple to make but your dinner guests will think you spent hours on it! My kind of patio party. * By Real Simple Good.
6. Caprese Chicken Burgers. Wow - juicy, fresh, and gorgeous! Caprese salad is by far my favourite salad. Pair that with a juicy chicken burger on the grill? Smiles all day long. * By Recipe Runner.
7. Cilantro Lime Chicken. In December, I spent a month galavanting about Vietnam with my boyfriend. This flavour combo takes me back! Any guesses as to what's next up on my grill…tonight? * By Rasa Malaysia.
8. Grilled Chicken with Chipotle-Peach BBQ Sauce. This recipe makes me want to run to the closest farmer’s market and say “I’d like to purchase all of your peaches please.” (Jenn notes that you can substitute apricots, since they're coming in season right now!) Umm brb - off to the market!