Great news, local Vancouver folks! It’s time again for the annual EAT! Vancouver Food & Cooking Festival! Mark your calendars and wash your stretchy-waistbanded pants – June 1st to 3rd will be a full on food extravaganza. In their tenth year, they are promising hundreds of exhibits, lots to sample, and culinary entertainment at its finest, with chef cooking demonstrations and competitions.
One of the best parts is the “Bite of Vancouver” restaurant pavilion, where you can sample the fare of popular Vancouver restaurants in appy-sized portions for $4 bucks or less a pop.
My favourite addition this year is the series of pop-up cooking classes they are offering in conjunction with the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts! Nine different classes – teaching hands-on fundamental cooking techniques like deboning, knife skills, shellfish shucking, and pastry plating – will be taught by PICA’s internationally-trained Chef Instructors. How FUN does that sound?
And guess what? I have two tickets to give you! Woohoo!
Here’s How to Enter:
1. Follow @Foodessdotcom on twitter and include me on a tweet linking to the contest.
For example: “I just entered to win tickets to EAT! Vancouver from @foodessdotcom www.foodess.com/2012/05/eat-vancouver-2012-giveaway”.
2. Come back here and leave comment on this post! It doesn’t matter what you say.
- Leave a separate comment on this post letting me know you follow Foodess on Facebook!
- Leave a separate comment on this post letting me know you subscribe to Foodess in your RSS feed!
Contest Rules & Details:
- Maximum of three (3) entries per person.
- Giveaway ends at 11:59pm (PST) Sunday, May 27th, 2012.
- The winner will be drawn randomly by comment number using a random number generator (www.random.org).
- Winner will receive two tickets to the 2012 Eat! Vancouver Food & Cooking Festival (maximum retail value of prize = $32), good for any ONE day of the festival, June 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
- Winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 24 hours or prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn.
- If the winning comment is for a “bonus entry”, the specified action will be verified.
- Tickets will be held for the winner at the Will Call window at BC Place Stadium.